Sunday, September 17, 2006

a loong wrap up (part 1)

cool cranky old elevators from the 1920s in Balch


I know everyone's been missing me. Haha. I'm missing everyone too. But homework is piling up at an incredulous rate... every night, I average a bedtime of 2am. On a terrible day (that is when I have an essay to rush) I will go to bed at 3.30am. Like what my Psych 1o1 prof said, I'm turning into a sleep deprived, zombiefied teenager.

In about 1.5 weeks time, I'm going to have my first bout of prelims aka common test. Things here move so fast, we dont even have the time to let our brains breathe and absorb knowledge and then we are already getting tested. I have to study super duper hard now, considering that I'm probably a B-/B student here =/ I'm so used to all the major killings in Rv and Hc when we could lose 30 marks and still be of A standard. And now, I perpetually have to aim for FULL MARKS for all my tests to be of a decent standard. How nice.

Aside from the usual academic rant, I was having a pretty rough past 2 weeks, with my stupid ligament problem at my hip recurring. I was basically a cripple, limping around school from place to place; and when school is so humongous for all the wrong reasons, it really isn't that fun. On the day of physiotherapy, I was getting zapped by all the spasms in my muscles; it was so darn blardy painful that I almost gave up walking to classes as well as to the Physical Therapy area. I wanted to sit down and cry. Haha. But of course there are good outcomes to bad situations; 2 guys offered to piggy back me. AND my mum has offered an air ticket back home to Singapore in winter break come Dec. Haha. So maybe I won't have to spend the blistering cold in Ithaca after all.

It was freaking cold over the last week and me and my hallmates felt that summer was officially over. At one point of time, the temperatures dropped to 8 degrees celsius at night and the daytime temperates hovered around 12 degree celsius. BUT the worst thing is that everything here is in farenheit so I cant even tell whether its going to hot and cold by looking at the weather forecast.

The last week was such a blast. I accomplished so much that I'm so proud of myself... finished up my homework, ate mooncakes, went for a jap fair, and did kayaking (: And I found a girl who does ballet so one day we just ended up dancing in my room. The people in my hall are really cool (except for the fact that they bounce on my bed when I like it sterile) , so I got together with them for a MOON CAKE PARTY. Haha. And we invited the latinos and blacks to join along too with our little Asian gathering and ended up taking alot of spastic photos.

I suddenly realize that I have laundry in downstairs waiting for me to throw them into the dryer so I really have to wrap this up soon. Somehow, because I know people are actually reading my blog, I don't feel like writing about touchy or sensitive issues. Oh well, I promise to write about better stuff after my prelims. I'm heading to NYC after the exams (: so things will look up by then!

A photolog of activities over the past 2 weeks:

19th birthday


my dorm door! my hallmates did the door for me! every star has a msg (: . at miyake's.
ice-cream pudding on the house . birthday moment



gorge swimming yet again


Me and my hallmates decided that summer was all too short for us to waste it, and that homework would always come, so we hecked it for an afternoon and headed down to the gorges for a nice soak. freezing cold as usual



Mooncake Party on Friday


Mooncakes airflown from San Francisco . Asian Hallmates . Celebrating in my room
reuniting with people from my hall. we wanted to do pics ghetto style with hoodies
with the chinese/korean girls
Posted by Picasa

ilovetotwirl at 5:52 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment