Saturday, November 11, 2006
hectic, hectic
I so need to work on my workload for this weekend. 2 prelims and an essay on the Hiroshima bombing to get started on... but don't worry, I reckon I'd survive as usual. I did alot of time-wasting things today, and by the time I finally got down to work at 3pm (when the sun starts to set... see how horribly screwed the combo of winter + daylight savings is. Its pitch black outside at freaking FIVE pm) it was time again for dinner out with the girls at some fancy Italian restaurant. We tottered around in high heels (seriously wearing them for the FIRST time since I got here because the terrain here is far too nasty for heels) BUT had to walk in the damn rain all dressed up while getting to the pick-up point. Dinner was worthed it, with the Butter-garlic mushrooms + soup + Italian dressed salad + Stuffed Sole Entree (which tasted fishy) for 20 bucks. But I shouldn't even be eating out at all with my current attachment to a Meal Plan. All these extra unnecessarys is drawing me into a serious financial crisis now. 400USD from now till the end of Spring Semester... and all these eating-out nonsense and tipping and random donations ain't helping my purse strings at all. I've decided to work (a little bit) and get random jobs to earn money. One of which includes getting interviewed on the library system and getting paid 10USD for 20 minutes of my time. (school is blardy good at wasting our tuition fees)Anyways, I sat down and talked with the people and did some planning for Winter Break, which means that I wouldn't be going home at all this Dec. Boohoohoo :( I thought it would be great for me to fly home after christmas and California but apparently it would too great a waste of money to do something so extravagent as that. A holiday OR home. Guess ultimately I'll be choosing the former = California + Mexico. Talking to my parents over the phone today, my mum was complaining how she hasn't gotten down to visiting Vivocity 'cos there's no one to go with her. And how she hasn't been shopping alot without me around. She kept asking me not to put on weight (because your clothes won't fit) and I thought it was funny 'cos she just didn't want to say that she didn't want to have a fat daughter. And my poor brother won't have any siblings to celebrate his 21st birthday with because everyone is halfway across the globe. And how I miss each and everyone of you and my nice big bed. BUT, the flight to California is booked and I guess its going to be a looong countdown to summmer.
Anyways, my wooziness from the heavy dinner is gone and I should really stop all this nonsense + digression. Back to Psych!
And photos from the Singapore food fest, MAKANMANIA which I didn't bother uploading gazillion years ago (:

ilovetotwirl at 6:26 PM
