Friday, December 15, 2006

and it draws to an end...

I'm sorry I haven't been updating anything recently; life over the past 2 weeks have been pretty much consumed in studies, finals, examinations and papers. After getting buried in all the studying, mugging and stressing, everything's finally come to an end. It's over; final examinations, Fall'06, Freshman freshie semester. The campus is practically deserted now, everyone scrammed as soon as they were done with papers -- the hall is unusually quiet and I think I'm one of the rare remaining souls to be stuck in the dorm room.

I'm heading out of Ithaca in 45 minutes. This is probably the third time leaving this place, after Fall Break and Thanksgiving. But this time its really different, I'm really going home. First stop is to head to San Francisco bay area where we'll be embarking on our roadtrip, suitcases, swimsuits, guitar and all of us perhaps crammed in the backseats of some SUV, all the way driving down to Los Angeles. I'm pretty psyched though, although what I'm looking forward to is really the second destination of my winter break: Singapore.

Oh yeah, so I've decided to come back on a very last minute note, slightly unannounced, and for a rather short period in Singapore. I decided that Mexico, no matter how Indiana Jones it sounded, wasn't going to beat anything like home. Besides, its time after 5 months which seem forever, of being jealous of hallmates whose home was never farther than an 8 hours flight away, to rest and recharge in a safe sanctuary. Yep, I'm really coming home after changing my mind 1001 times over the past 2 months.

This whole semester really just went by in the past; too fast, too hectic, too blinding. It really wasn't too long ago when I had to bid everyone goodbye at the departure gates, travelling on the bus 5 hours from NYC to get to this little Ithacan town, making friends with people around the hall, getting used to writing paper after papers and reading all those crap philosophy article, bombing the hard and fast prelims, crashing all those frat parties, experiencing my first snowstorm last week. So much has happened, and there's so much to tell of all the little culture shocks, excitement and disappointment.

Whatever it is, its good enough for me this semester. Enough of all the hectic work+ try-to-play-hard schedule. For the next 2 weeks, its just going to be a nice trip around a sunnier side of the states with good o' people and then finally a lone 24 hour flight home.

So I guess I wouldn't be hanging around this blog much till much later. Gotta start unplugging my laptop, brush the lint off my jacket, and seriously figure out the damn number combination to my stupid suitcase. Grrr.

Till then, people (: California, Singapore here I come!

Post-note: Almost 24 hours of travelling later, I'm finally here at San Francisco :) After enduring the loooong bus ride, the bumpy plane trip to fly westwards in an attempt to escape the dreary cold weather I realized its as cold here. -_-!!
And miss alyn, YOU DIDNT TELL ME YOU WERE COMING BACK. lol. I guess we shall meet on your continents if luck permits next Spring Break ;)

ilovetotwirl at 8:41 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment