Monday, January 29, 2007

roughin' it out

First week first 2 days of school was really rough...having to sit through classes totally being so unprepared with no textbooks in the bag and no having idea what the hell the teacher was rambling about because I hadn't bother to gear myself up for school over my last winter break weekend. By Tuesday, I was already so exhausted from all the adjustments, early classes and late nights trying to scour for textbooks online that it felt like I had gone through half a semester when it was only a ridiculously short 2 days long start to school. Thankfully things got alot better by mid-week, after dropping classes from my crazy schedule and getting my jap teacher to switch my omfg-early 8am class to an afternoon one.

And then the weekends came really quickly this time to salvage the shaky start to school. It was really cold and I think we really went mad organizing a snowfight at 11pm when it was -17 degree celsius outside. Friday was another day of snow which was a good thing as it meant that we didn't have to snowboard on (so much) artificial snow. Snowboarding is hellava scary (not to mention painful) and I wonder whether I did the right thing by signing up for both snowboarding + ballet which would be extremely detrimental to my already problematic back. I was kinda scared at first (and still probably am) about having to board down steep slopes where I would inevitably and unfortunately always lend on either my knees or my butt and even my head. My neck was sore throughout the weekend because of the whiplash and all the tumbles that I had to experience on the slopes. Bah.

Then it was a night of party one after another to celebrate the January babies' birthdays and before we know it, school's right in your face again on Monday. That marks the start of the school and the end of holidaying period. To think a week ago I was still enjoying the sunshine and sleeping in my Queen-sized bed. A week later, it seems like I've been here for a long time reading through those papers and having to microsnooze in between classes because of physical exhaustion. Poof.

ilovetotwirl at 5:14 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment