Friday, February 23, 2007
bummer
The past 2 weeks have been pretty terrible weeks. Chinese New Year was such a big disappointment :( I'm jealous, of course that cultural holidays do get celebrated back home with friends, families and hongbaos. Here, even no-brand pineapple tarts that I wouldn't even bother to lay fingers on become a novelty to covet. Aside from the lack of festivities here, the reunion dinner was totally bland. The food at best could be described as something ordered from the Chinese High Canteen...I'm waiting for the day someone learns to make silky simmering porridge so that my can of abalone can come in handy ;)Sat for a couple of tests and prelims over the last week which was a horrible experience. Quite honestly, I haven't been doing well in school and thats one more agenda on my list that I have to get started on. Its not like I haven't been a good student going for lectures, faithfully taking notes, handing in assignments, consulting TAs during Office Hours, which makes things alot more sucky and sometimes I keep thinking about how its just me which makes things so screwed up. And that the its just me self-reproach mentality keeps popping up in all aspects of my life. My social life is getting screwed and somehow there's this awful sense of the lack of control over my life. If only people would learn to let go, surely thats the best gift that we can bestow on others?
But thankfully, love prevails and there are still some positive bits in my life which keeps me going when the going gets tough. Knowing that there are people to walk beside me makes me feel that things really aren't so bad after all. One of my (very) sweet girlfriend gave me a photo album with a compilation of my dreams for Valentine's Day:
And how nice it would be if all the above could come true now. Especially the very last one ;) I can sense the mid-term lethargy slowly creeping up on me...and I need my Spring Break quick-fix now. Urgh.
Happy Chinese New Year ilovetotwirl at 6:26 PM

