Sunday, March 25, 2007

bahamas, baby (cont'd)

We woke up on Thursday all eager and ready to get going on the highlight of our trip -- a 200USD cruise package that promises to bring us to all the best best islands in Bahamas. One thing sucky about the Bahamas is that the most beautiful beaches are on private islands and the only access to them is through expensive tour packages that cost 150 bucks. We weighed our choices carefully and decided to splurge our money on this expensive package since it was the only 'real' thing we were going to do on our trip (everything and everyday else was basically reserved for nua-ing). But the skies were cloudy at 7am and the tour operator called us to notify us that the trip was cancelled. Horrors of horrors. Imagine going to the Bahamas but not visiting the real deals. Thankfully, we managed to squeeze ourselves into some cheaper package which also consisted of cruise + bbq lunch + drinks + snorkelling + beaching even though the destination wasn't as breathtaking. Still, it beats nua-ing at the hotel (by then we really had enough of nua-ing). It was really nice having our own private yacht, chilling and enjoying the sea breeze :D It made all the horror stories at Newark + Fort Lauderdale seem all so insignificant.


With good company on the yacht :)



I want to sail my own yacht next time!



Snorkelling + Pitstop at the private island

It was really better than expected, considering that we only paid half the price of the other package. Lunch was good and the captain bbq-ed ribs and chicken onboard the yacht while we went snorkelling. Snorkelling was damn fun too...I remember how my dad used to bring us to places like Tioman and Langkawi when I was alot younger to snorkel but then I really hated the taste of seawater and water always went into my nose because I didn't know how to use the snorkel mask. This time round, I finally learnt to use the mask properly so I didn't have to be up on the surface every 2 seconds to spout water out of my water. It was a pity the coral reefs weren't that abundant, so we didn't really get to see many colorful fishies...but still, I spotted a 2 metre long Manta Ray which I thought was damn cool :D
After snorkelling, we decided to explore the nearby island which had a small beach. Even though the beach was really tiny, it was really nice because we had the entire place to ourselves. The waves were crashing against the cliffs along the beach and it was really romantic to be having the entire sea + beach to ourselves.


Posted by Picasa
All recharged for school



The last day at Bahamas was spent nua-ing again. While everyone was doing their last minute touristy shopping, I decided to revisit the beach at Cabbage Bay to recapture the moment for the last time before returning back to freezing Ithaca. We finally left Bahamas in the late afternoon all toasted and slightly red from the days in the sun, arriving at Newark for another night of waiting and waiting because we missed the last bus back to Cornell =S

I guess that marks the end of our little adventure to Bahamas. The countless hours at the airport waiting, the nervewrecking wait for flights one after another, the group being separated at the airport, the sun+sea+sand at Bahamas, frolicking on the beaches and the great company.

School starts in less than 9 hours time...till then, its another adventure that makes up life away from home. (:

ilovetotwirl at 7:46 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 5:55 AM Blogger Unknown said...

WHOAAAA i'm so jealous!!! RAHHH. oh well i wont be going overseasss :( parents dont allow! and plus i didnt apply as a result too :( update more k! i've read this entry for like the fourth time already :P

you're missed!

huiwen!

 

Post a Comment