Monday, May 28, 2007
on dreams
Inspired by the visits down a few cafes in New York City, I have decided that maybe my dream is worthed pursuing after all. It should be a mix of Collegetown Bagels (Ithaca), Serendipity3 (NYC Upper East Side) and The Patissier (Chinatown). I'm gonna open not one but TWO cafe/bakeries. One will sell old-fashioned European bread with flaky french pastries, a cross between Choupinette (Duchess Road) and Simply Bread (Guthrie House). I'll make sticky buns, sugar honeyed buns and menu will serve all sorts of delightful wicked desserts and nice warm toasted sandwiches with grilled eggplants. Which includes moist lava chocolate cake topped off with mint leaves and sprinkled icing and cream-filled canollis and tiramisu. (getting a little Italian here, but anyways, YUMS) And of course, the interiors will boast of mosaic tiles, stained-glass tiffany lamps, and grey marble-tops. The cafe should be located within the 6th avenue vicinity (i'm being a little of an elitist), near all the powerful schools and upper working class. And I'll give generous discounts to Hc & Rv students :) .The second bakery would be abit more upmarket, comprising of designer cakes. Thinly-sliced mango flesh sandwiched between semi-sweet custard and vanilla sponge. White chocolate mousse on chiffon mousse topped off with chantilly cream. And the cafe will be really old-fashioned; of a West meets East rather than East meets West style. Think old Shanghai, circa 1920, which reflects the pop art era of the East. The design is gonna be really Chinoiseristic with the antique fans circling from the ceiling, and the doors will be like wooden frames off the shophouses along Melaka. West meets East + Nonya-centric.
Then of course, aside from all the fluffy thoughts, I've gotta outline a concrete path before I can even get there. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job as a Wall Street rat to even have some finances to work with before I can pursuit on my dream. And as I type this, i seriously wonder how much of these will come true 15 years down the road. Maybe I'll look back one day and realize how cute my thoughts were when i was 19 yr old kid with a cute dream.
ilovetotwirl at 2:06 PM
