Monday, July 30, 2007
singapore lovin'
Yay I'm finally done with my full-time job last week! Geez I've been depriving my social life terribly by confining myself to a 9-6 job all for the sake of money. Sadly though, when my social life is finally heading somewhere, its almost time to go back to school. Arhh I'm starting to get the pre-departure blues; it finally hit me (hard) last Fri when I sat in the chair and counted only ONE more weekend before it'll be another long wait again.
I'm really happy and contented at the moment. Finally got over the sulky, princess-tantrum shit phase that had made me one emo girl for the first 2 weeks . I met up randomly with one of my kindergarten friends 2 weeks ago and I was really surprised on how we hit off even though we never really kept in touch at all throughout our sec/jc years. And in the end, we had such a good dinner that I overstayed for 1.5 hours. It so amazing how we started yakking away in random Japanese like 5 year old kids at Pasta Fresca and how we talked about our goals and aspirations which turned out to be roughly the same..the pursuit of money and the elusive American dream to find a high-paying job at Wall Street when we graduate. I was rather hyper after the meeting to find someone who had similar ideals to me...it was really one of those rare few conversations that i could easily engage in for a long long time. Then it was meeting up with a old time band friend who reminded me of the good o' days when I we used to perform together all those attention-stopping ensembles onstage.
Then it was ballet under the stars again with the old gang of RV kids...minus sy who's happily touring Europe now. I was awoken by a phone call from France one midnight and by intuition I decided to answer it even though i was already half-asleep on my bed and it turned out to be her :D It was fun thinking about all the days when we would rush down to Fort Canning after school to catch BUTS armed with out picnic mat (usually ys's poncho/shower curtain with polka dots) and all the pseudo jap food from MOS burger + sushi and occasionally sparkling juice for the extra romantic oomph. And how we would always take funky shots after the performance, inspired by the SDT dancers, pretending to pose in various positions of plie at the barre. Haha.
And alyn finally got back which called for one of those girly girl reunions. With everyone attached now, outings get increasingly harder to plan now that we have to consider 4+2 schedules. It was a nice good dinner of comfort food and discussions about relationships. Good times, good times. :)
1.5 more weeks of good food, friends, tons of shopping before this holiday ends. Arhh!!
something cute going on in the corner ;)ilovetotwirl at 7:39 AM
