Monday, September 17, 2007

stuck in between

Time really passes quickly when you are all sucked up in the monotony of daily life; having to attend classes from 9-10 (by that i mean am to pm), hand in problem sets one after another Tues and Thurs, go to bed by 12midnight (new resolution for Fall '07) so that I wouldn't end up missing my freaking early 9am class the next day.

Everytime when I finally sit down to take note of the world whirling round me, its almost another month, or almost another month and a half that has whizzed past. I missed home alot the first couple of days after arriving at Ithaca and my ghetto house at that time made me sorely miss the comforts of having a nice clean bright (and for that matter warm) place to snooze in every night. Now things here are alot better after I trooped down to Ikea to get new dressers, rugs, beddings and office furniture :) The days before school started were fairly enjoyable, having the chance to prance around in summer clothings for the last time and soaking up the sun by the lakes every other day.

But still, honeymoon periods never get to last long... you know you can never be in that state forever. So then, why do we even brave the present with optimism when the joys are ultimately ephemeral?

Speaking about short-lived moments, the weather in Ithaca seems to be just like that. Everytime I blog it has to be about looming papers or terrible weather. Just a week ago it was all too bright and sunny with the average temperatures scaling the 30s, but in less than a week, temperatures have dropped to single-digits :( I haven't even gotten a chance to wear all my sundresses and now I have to be so bundled up like in Spring semester. Even waking up in the morning is such a chore. Today I sat in bed debating whether I should wrap myself in a blanket while I take that 8meters walk to the bathroom or whether I continue snuggling in bed to make myself warmer (both ideas are wonky though and in the end I trudged out of bed freezing). I think I gotta get one of those cool electric blanket devices which actually warms your bed so that it'll be all nice and cozy before I snuggle in every night. I've been spending way to much money on my bedding already though...first it was the 700thread count sheets, then the fluffy featherbed, then the new Ikea bedding and now another blanket. =X

Anyways, I'm going to end this abruptly now. Time for bed. This semester I'm going to sleep a full 8 hours everyday so that my brain will be less mushy. hmmpf.

ilovetotwirl at 8:41 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment