Thursday, November 01, 2007

fall

The past 4 days have been brutal. 4 prelims in 3 days; bombed almost all...and the worst thing is that there are still 2 more to go next. Sometimes I wonder why school can ever be so crazy here. Its America but still, everyday its studying and more studying, prelims after papers, endless pile of academic work that creeps behind you, in front of you and everywhere around you. Thinking back about how I led my freshman year, I realized that perhaps, it has always been like that. How pathetic can my schedule be if I realize that for almost every lunch in the past 2 months, I'll be chewing on a sub while reading my notes/doing homewk/prepping for office hours, and not having to meet any of my old friends from Freshman year since we all moved off-campus because everyone has been so bogged down by schoolwork. Everytime you think about dropping by or hanging out, the looming deadlines for XYZ and ABC starts to bother you again and then maybe you'd just erase the idea and shelve the catch-up for another time that doesn't happen.

I'm almost done with the semester and I'll probably be heading back in 1.5 months time. I hate to think how busy my holidays will be with the internship and all the catching up. I practically have less than a week for myself to shop and meet up with old friends before catching on the 9-5 routine. And not to mention all the career prepping I have to do over the holidays. Geez. There isn't anything to look forward to; no time, no sleep no fun :(


~

Fall finally came last week with a bout of heavy rain and now the temperature's finally stabilized to about 10 deg celsius in the day. The sun is setting much more earlier everyday and very soon we'll have to switch back our clocks by an hour and then dusk will settle at about 4pm. Those scary days when you come out of lecture at 4.10pm and realize that the sky outside makes it seem as though it is 8pm back home.

So last Friday, I decided that I should stop procrastinating and finally climbed the clock tower to get a good 360 view of the lake, the trees turning crimson red and the nicely-mowed campus lawns. :)




I think all I really need now is a nice long break so that I can snuggle into my sheets and sleep 10hours a day instead of thinking of how badly I did for all my exams and making an emo mess out of myself because of everything and everyone. THANKSGIVING PLEASE COME NOW!

ilovetotwirl at 5:25 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment