Monday, March 24, 2008
back
Herro from Ithaca. Its me again. I noticed that I only blog on 2 occasions; when I'm really busy with schoolwork (and need an outlet to whine about it) or when I'm really free (like now when I really have nothing to do for another 45 minutes before club meeting). I'm supposed to be holding office hours now tutoring students for Finance but apparently no one is diligent enough to visit the tutor's office center and so I STILL haven't tutored anyone since the semester started. But I get paid anyways for sitting on my ass, whining on my blog, and eating my salad in the tutor center so I'm not really complaining.Away from the slight digression, I'm back in Cornell, having survived the first day of school after a long spring break at the Carribbean. Going to school everytime on the first day after a break is always rough; somehow I feel like a primary school kid being irrational about not wanting to go to school simply because "I don't feel like it" and having those jitters right before classes start. Nothing much exciting to look forward in school anyways, classes have been rather unchallenging and there isn't much stimulation of the intellect in this aspect. B-o-r-i-n-g.
Anyways, the Carribbean cruise was great fun. I slept like a log and ate like a pig (dining 4-5 times a day at the various eating places), luxuries that I probably wouldn't have enjoyed back during the normal school term. And I did make it a point to go to the gym and do all the fun, adventurous stuff on the ship (i.e. rock climbing and iceskating!). What I really like most though, out of this entire trip is the feeling of the warm rays heating up your bare skin and the feeling of being in a middle of nowhere. And how for at least a week, I could take my mind of all the rubbish about internships and such as I lived in my little world of food, live entertainment, the blue seas and warm weather. But of course, all good things have to come to an end, and being back in Cornell jolts you back into reality, knowing that I still have 1001 things to face and that I have to leave that short-lived idealistic life behind.
After writing that emo blog entry a weeks ago, I received a couple of email and little messages that were brimming with encouragement which made me feel better about this entire 'ordeal'. I'm still interviewing here and there for a couple of firms so hopefully things will work out in the end. Oh wells, just keeping my fingers crossed.
I think my words are already starting to make me seem like I'm droning away to myself; I'll definitely try to post pictures of my trip once I'm back home. I think the next entry definitely needs some sunshine and color to inject life into all these string of ramblings that have (unfortunately) taken control of the blog.
Till then!
P.S Lumpy finally R.I.P-ed while I was away on my holiday. He/She shrank from a healthy weight of 30Kg to something like an African kid just before I left. And when I got back, the only thing that were left was its twig-arms. And a squirrel ate away its Hershey Dark Choc eye on the 1st night. :(
ilovetotwirl at 12:47 PM
