Thursday, July 31, 2008

and this is summer

I think its almost been 2.5 months since I blogged here...everything moves by so quickly these days, the next time I write I guess I will be back in Cornell either scrabbling to adapt back to school life or busy with job hunting.

It's good that after working so hard, I finally have the time to take a breather and type out my thoughts for the first time in a long while. Okay, maybe I wasn't really working that hard throughout my first internship which was rather slack, but having to drag myself home everyday and STUDY (yes, like 3-4 hours every night) was really tiring too. Now this internship is alot more demanding and for the first time ever, I'm actually feeling stressed about work.

There's so much expectations to live up to at the work place. Everyone's thinking that I'm the kid from "stanford", and of course, I'm probably no where near the standards of someone from stanford...and how they expect me to know everything about linear algebra and matrixes which either I've completely forgotten or never learnt at all during my time in university. I'm just a liberal arts college student whose schedule is half occupied by Japanese classes and other random classes like organic chemistry and communications.

Aside from slogging my ass off at work and having to deal with the pressure from my mentors, I'm just cooping myself up at home all summer to study for my finance exams at the end of the year. Well at least my studying so far has been going pretty well and thats probably one of the few things I've feel a sense of accomplishment for. Haha.

Just 2 more weeks to go before I wrap up my internship and 3 more weeks before I get ready to go back to school. And then we can start dating again, cook lovely dinners and catch the latest season of Gossip Girl together. Feels so wierd not to be seeing ck in such a long time. An entire summer is almost 1/4 a year and we hardly get to talk more than twice a week with all the bad time zone differences and hectic work lifestyles over the past 2.5 months. Having to go through all this long-distance hassle again makes me feel sad, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Looking at today from the summer of 2007, I would have been pretty amazed that we have come quite a long way together..and it probably wasn't something that I might have confidence in predicting a year ago.

At least knowing that tomorrow is a Friday makes me feel a teensy weensy bit better. Can't wait to sleep in and wake suuupeeerrrr late again. :)

Till then!

ilovetotwirl at 5:31 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment