Tuesday, January 13, 2009

reset

I'm finally back from my long trip at Peru & Ecuador and after an internet overdose over the past 2 days, lots of grocery shopping trips and unpacking, cleaning and more scrubbing, I'm finally done with everything that should be done and am in the phase of boredom. And that's how I can glue myself to the seat for awhile to take a deep breath and slowly recall my entire holiday before the hectic school life takes over this bummer-ish lifestyle.

The trip to Peru/Ecuador has been one of the best holidays I've ever had. I still remember the night before I left when I felt not so excited about being whisked off to a 3rd world country, having to trek through jungles, wear tom-boyish clothings, and live the budget lifestyle in South America especially when I hadn't had time to fully enjoy my pampered lifestyle in Ithaca immediately after my finals.

But I turned out to be so wrong.

I'm in love with South America and I do want to go back again sometime in the future. (even though my holiday schedules till June are already booked and I have no idea how that will be possible). I loved doing the un-touristy things of strolling down the markets where locals visit and eating all the cheap andean food throughout the entire trip.




Ceviches (raw fish...my all time favorite dish which reminded me of yu sheng), Choclos (huge ass corn cobs), Quy (guinea pig :S) and Empandas (spanish curry puff!)

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to blog about my 3 weeks in S.A. and my 937 photos. Until then, happy belated new year (seems like 2009 has creeped up upon us) and hopefully I start getting things done soon. Been procrastinating for too long about responsibilities and the grand plan for my final semester at Cornell. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be able to tick off more things on my to-do list.

ilovetotwirl at 4:08 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment