Sunday, April 05, 2009

almost

I've procrastinated too much over the past few months which results in this being my first proper blog entry since school started in January. What have I been up to the past few months? The same old hurried schedule that I've been used to from freshman year which comprises of lots of homework, all-nighters, expensive travelling getaways and of course the privilege of being unruffled by all the work as a senior who is already accustomed to life in Cornell. But really, I've just been busy trying to live my life in Ithaca to the fullest over the past 12 weeks.

My time in college is really ticking as thinking about it made me realized that I'm going to be done with school (almost) forever come May. I have been struck with a mild case of senioritis in the meanwhile and I find it hard to feel motivated about going for office hours or studying in advance for my prelims. Not that I really care about grades anymore (good example of senioritis), but I guess I really deserve a good final semester where grades and exams don't have to be the foci of school life.

I've stopped complaining about how my busy my school life has been or how I really don't get enough sleep. The week before spring break was really intense and I was doing 3/4am nights everyday and was so busy to the extent that I didn't have time to plan my Greece trip at all.

Arh...speaking about Greece, I digress. I somehow still feel like I'm living in my little Spring Break bubble drinking lots of wine and chasing sunsets all over the island. Occasionally I go check out weather.com to see if there is going to be plentiful sunshine on Santorini and whether it would be a good day for sightseeing around the island. I guess what's made this trip memorable is that it'll help me remember how great life would be when we are together again.

So here's my grand plan for graduation and post-graduation: a family trip at Alaska before commencement, 6 weeks in Europe after commencement, back home to Singapore from mid-July to Sept, and 3 months of non-profit work somewhere less-travelled in the world before starting work in January.

In the meanwhile, I'm going to start preparing for my Japanese exam now. Hopefully I'll stop being such of a lazy ass and blog more. Heh.

ilovetotwirl at 4:30 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment