Thursday, August 27, 2009

retreat

I was looking through pictures of my friends' photo albums and had this strong gush of emotions while scrolling through. School starts for people at Cornell 2 days ago and for a moment I really really wished I was there once again, back to the state where life seemed to be so simple and there were no worries (the headache from course selection doesn't count). I would probably be strolling down the Commons, cooking my own simple dinner fare, shopping back at Target and Wegmans, and heading for school everyday in my Singapore summer clothing.

It's hard to imagine that I have moved on with that stage of my life and now I'm almost a working adult. The only problem is that I don't officially start work until January which leaves me alot of time to wonder about my life and start thinking about what I'm supposed to do.

I've been bumming around for the past 6 weeks since I got back from Europe. My days merely consist of unlimited usage of the internet, re-learning tennis, and mindless 7pm korean dramas. I'm supposed to go on a 'retreat' mode in Japan for the next 6 weeks coming Sunday. Will be working in a farm far away from the city, doing manual labor in exchange of free food and accommodation.

Not sure whether this is the thing I want to do for the next few months but I think it beats waking up late and drifting around aimlessly in Singapore. I just don't want to have any regrets.

ilovetotwirl at 8:09 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment